Passports & Visa
A valid passport is usually all you need to enter Holland. Check with the Dutch Embassy or Consulate in your own country whether you need a visa. Candidates wishing to obtain a Netherlands Working Holiday Visa should also contact the Royal Netherlands Embassy. They have the necessary forms you have to complete. You will find the addresses of the Dutch embassies and consulates and more information about visas for the Netherlands at the Ministiry of Foreign Affairs.
EU Customs Allowances
Just like the other EU member states, Holland has various security regulations.
- Fluid, gel and cream containers containing less than 100 ml may be carried on board, provided these are placed in a transparent zip-lock bag. During the security checks you will have to show this bag. Only one bag per person is allowed.
- When you travel from another EU member state, there are no restrictions on carrying See Buy Fly(tax-free) articles. Tobacco is not sold tax-free within the EU.
Receive more information about entering the Netherlands from another EU country and prohibited and restricted goods on the website of the Dutch customs.
Non-EU Customs Allowances
When flying from a country which is not a Schengen country, your passport will be checked at the arrival airport in Holland. When you travel from a country that is not an EU member state, Dutch import regulations apply. Passengers aged 17 and older may carry:
- Your usual travel baggage,
- 200 cigarettes and one liter of spirits,
- 50 ml perfume and 0.25 liter eau-de-toilette,
- 500 grams of coffee or 200 grams of coffee extract,
- 100 grams of tea or 40 grams of tea extract,
- Other goods with a maximum total value of € 430,
- Medicines for personal use.
If you wish to carry in excess of the above, you will have to pay VAT (Value Added Tax), and possibly other applicable taxes and import duties. Find more information about entering the Netherlands from another EU country and prohibited and restricted goods on the website of the Dutch customs.
More information about The Netherlands, such as currency, electricity and the difference between The Netherlands and Holland, can be found on here.